Friday, March 25, 2011

Sans Law and Culture...

Sans Law and Culture…Apologies…

Sometimes (in fact most times) I wonder the futility of staying back
As much as I wonder the futility of running away
For it’s like an unending unstoppable fall from a cliff
Into an abysmal pit
Staying back or running away might change the track
But not the power of gravity.
So I let myself fall.

But sometimes (these are really sometimes) when I feel the turbulence in my stomach
That falling produces (same like the downward journey of the giant wheel)
And the vomity feeling that ensues
I feel like staying back
Or running away.
Staying back where
Running away where
Is there a place without the power of gravity
Without tall cliffs and dark pits
Where I take charge and say yes to no and no to yes
Where eyes speak like smiles when mouths choose to stay mum.

I like the blue oceans that I have never seen
And the naughty tides that I have never met
The way I like eyes without secrets of falling-feeling
And the smiles without choked words
And the footsteps that sometimes (these are some sometimes) scare me
And sometimes (in fact at all times) soothe me to a sleep without nightmares.
This world calls me
But I don’t know its way
Staying back? Running away? Or keep falling?

1 comment:

  1. I guess we are all falling. Gravity, as I see it, is forever evolving and progressing and hence to me it does give space for self-expression. And it also lends meaning to life. Staying back is never a possibility in my opinion. It is not a state of inertia. We do not always see that which we long to but we do not run. There is no need for in falling one rises.

    ReplyDelete